Saturday, January 19, 2019

Europe Trip 2018 - Gryfów Śląski

Gryfów Śląski is a small (7,000 people) town in Lower Silesia. Before 1945 it was part of Germany and was called Greifenberg.
Town Hall
This dark green car must be one of the last Fiat 126p in use in Poland. I had an orange one a long time ago and Tom Hanks has a white one. Mine was 8 years old when I bought it from some farmer and it was so bad, that the longest period it ran without anything breaking was 2 weeks. Apart from the typical - "would not start", I had the rear wheel suspension brake when I was on a bridge, another time the engine support broke and the whole engine was hanging on one screw, the gearbox got stuck in 2nd gear, the fuel tank started leaking and I had to replace it...I had this car for one long year.

Town square

Town square - another side

Yet another side

A cheap Żabka (little frog) store in a building that desperately needs renovation.

Fields outside town

No comments:

Post a Comment